Our virtual AGM
27th January 2021
The IBS Network held its 2020 AGM (virtually) on Monday 11 January. Thank you to everyone who came along. The past year has certainly had its challenges, but we were delighted to have so many positives to share.
Reflecting on the services we provide for our members, Dr Simon Smale, chair of our trustees, commented on the value of our support. For as little as £2 a month, members receive:
- an interactive and frequently updated website with links to other support services;
- a comprehensive web-based self-care programme on all aspects of IBS; its possible causes, diagnosis and self- management;
- a telephone helpline staffed by trained nurses;
- an ‘Ask the Experts’ on-line medical advice and consultation service;
- factsheets on all aspects of IBS;
- a 'Can't Wait' card and International travel card to facilitate access to toilets at home and abroad;.
- a quarterly magazine, Gut Reaction;
- a monthly e newsletter, Relief;
- an active on-line forum;
- a growing library of gut friendly recipes;
- regular member offers; and
- trusted information and advice from specialist healthcare professionals.
The full minutes from the AGM are available below.