Reflecting on our year at the AGM
26th October 2022
The IBS Network held its 2022 AGM online on Monday 10 October 2022. Thank you to everyone who came along. The past year has continued to bring challenges, but The IBS Network charity is more committed than ever to improving the lives of people living with IBS.
Reflecting on the services we provide for our members, Dr Simon Smale, Chair of the Board of Trustees, commented on the value of our support. For as little as £2 a month, members receive:
- an interactive and frequently updated website with links to other support services;
- a comprehensive web-based self-care programme on all aspects of IBS; its possible causes, diagnosis and self- management;
- a telephone helpline staffed by IBS trained nurses;
- an ‘Ask the Experts’ on-line medical advice and consultation service;
- factsheets on all aspects of IBS;
- a 'Can't Wait' card and International travel card to facilitate access to toilets at home and abroad;
- a quarterly magazine, Gut Reaction;
- a monthly e newsletter, Relief;
- an active on-line forum;
- a growing library of gut friendly recipes;
- regular member offers; and
- trusted information and advice from specialist healthcare professionals.
The full minutes from the AGM are available below.