Running a support group
What your IBS support group should aim to do
- Bring IBS sufferers together to share their experience in an open and non-judgmental environment.
- Educate and inform new members of the key aspects of IBS, what they can do to try and reduce their symptoms
- Your group should not aim to replace the services of a healthcare professional.
- Raise awareness of IBS and the charity
- Raise funds and encourage local support
IBS is a complicated condition. Only by working together and with healthcare professionals can we look to improve our understanding and treatment of IBS.