We're recruiting. Join our team
6th February 2023
We are recruiting for an administration officer to be part of our dedicated team.
Full Time 35hrs
Monday-Friday (9am – 4:30pm)
Based at our offices in north Sheffield
The IBS Network is the UK’s national charity supporting people living with irritable bowel syndrome, (IBS), an illness that affects around 12 million people in the UK. Its mission is to support people as they learn to self-manage their condition. The charity work alongside health services to facilitate IBS self-management through a range of services that includes a helpline, a comprehensive on-line IBS self-care programme, and personal responses by specialist health care professionals through our Ask the Experts area of our website.
The IBS Network needs to recruit an Administrative Officer, - a key role in its core team. We are looking for an experienced, ambitious, self-motivated administrator with ideas and enthusiasm to help us drive up membership numbers and encourage membership retention. The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate genuine empathy working alongside patients and specialist health care professionals to make a difference to the lives of people with IBS. Knowledge of the health care sector would be an advantage.
This role would suit an experienced administrator with drive and has ambition to develop their skills and progress their career. The charity would anticipate that the right candidate would be able to increase their responsibilities with a view to a management position within the charity over the coming years.
Reporting to the Operations Manager this is a crucial role in the growth and sustainability of the charity.
- Delivery of excellent, empathic customer service
- Management, maintenance and on-going development of the membership database
- Process new and renewal of memberships
- Processing of sales of products through its online shop
- Management and maintenance of the systems for online payments
- Development and generation of routine and ad hoc reports to facilitate business decision-making
- Manage and monitor all membership and office supplies
- All activities which increase the charity’s membership and improves member retention
- Any other general administrative duties where appropriate.
- Confident and effective communicator
- Fully computer literate
- Able to work autonomously
- Able to manage and prioritise multiple projects
- Be enthusiastic and willing to try new things and committed to continuous improvement
- Ability to think creatively and recognise opportunities
- Strong work ethic and able to manage own workload
- Experience of working in a health care setting
- Experience of working in the charity, community sector
- Holds a full driving license
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Starting salary: £22,627.00 per year
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining how you are a good fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Interviews are being schedules on a rolling basis.